A side hustle can greatly improve your financial health. Here’s where to find one.
Need extra money beyond what your already evaporated paycheck just offered?
Yeah, we’ve all been there. In fact, it’s a big reason why we started this site: to share safe, legitimate ways for readers to earn extra money on the side. Extra money that can be used to:
- Pay off debt.
- Go on a vacation.
- Buy a home.
- Indulge, guilt-free, the Caramel Machiatto that so many people have told you not to buy.
Whatever the reason you’re in a pinch, it’s important to approach side hustles with the right mindset. They’re probably not going to replace the income you’ll make at your 9 to 5, but they do present a way for you to earn a little extra cash.
To help you find the side hustle that’s right for you, we put together this list of the 18 best, high-paying ways you can make extra money on the side.
1.Get Paid Doing Social Media Tasks Become Social Media Manager TodayWhat does it pay? There are some that pay $500, $1000, $2000 or even more, but they are extremely rare. Realistically, most come in between $50 and $100 per project. The best part is you can take projects on your smartphone from anywhere, at any time.!
The best social media managers are able to create a cohesive content strategy that aligns with the business’ goals and objectives. A successful social media manager will also be able to organize her or his team and have a good understanding of the tools available to them.
Some of the most important skills of a social media manager include:
– Social Media Strategy:
– Content Creation:
– Community Management:
– Digital Marketing Skills:
– Social Media Analytics Skills
To get started:
2. Hygiene StarAs of Nov 13, 2022, the average annual pay for a Hygiene in the United States is $49,380 a year.
- Basic (online) training
- Company-specific analysis (self-analysis check for evaluating the main focus areas of your company’s hygiene), planning, training and implementation, implementation for social media – all explained clearly and in a practical context.
- Access to the shop to purchase disinfectants and protective agents. With no time limit and fair prices.
- The Hygiene Star is a visible and prominent sign of your commitment
- Course sections adapted to your specific industry
What is Hygiene?
Hygiene is a series of practices performed to preserve health. According to the World Health Organization, “Hygiene refers to conditions and practices that help to maintain health and prevent the spread of diseases.” Personal hygiene refers to maintaining the body’s cleanliness.
Hygiene star means to maintain places clean and healthy in five star ratings.
How to become hygiene star?
Akut sos clean is my best recommendation to become hygiene star.
3. Get paid Graphics & Designs Made EasyWhat does it pay? Base Salary $46k – $71k per year.
A graphic designer is a professional within the graphic design and graphic arts industry who assembles together images, typography, or motion graphics to create a piece of design. A graphic designer creates the graphics primarily for published, printed, or electronic media, such as brochures and advertising
6 Qualities of a Great Graphic Designer
- Creativity. A great graphic designer must be imaginative and they must be able to apply that imagination into their work. …
- Consistency. …
- Problem solving. …
- Always learning. …
- Able to take criticism. …
What is one of the most important skills for graphic designers?
“One of the most important skills graphic designers should have in 2022 is knowledge of user experience,” Van Donkelaar says. The best UX designers are able to provide the user an enjoyable experience through exceptional design and usability.
4. Grocery shop for othersWhat does it pay? Variable. Shoppers in some regions earn up to $20 per hour.
One positive development out of the gig economy is the rise in affordable services available to those who have difficulty leaving home. Be it someone caring for a sick family member, or senior who’s unable to drive, there are those who are unable to complete even a simple task like grocery shopping.
As an Instacart Shopper, you work to fill that gap. When a customer places an order, you retrieve the items from the desired store and deliver them to that person’s home.
You get to put a smile on their face, and you get paid to do it. Though exact wages will vary, Instacart Shoppers can strong>earn as much as $20 per hour
5. Get paid to read email and watch TVWhat does it pay? Variable. Earn $4 – $5 per month for watching daily TV content (up to $50 per day when utilizing all earning activities) + a $5 sign-up bonus.
As the name suggests, InboxDollars will pay you for opening and skimming emails, and answering questions about the emails you read. There is also a $5 signup bonus.
Most question sets pay from $0.50 to $5.00 and take 3 minutes to 25 minutes to complete. There are some that pay $10, $20, or even more, if you match the demographic profile they are looking for.
Beyond the email earning component, InboxDollars also allows you to strong>make money by watching daily TV clips
InboxDollars works on a cash-only system, so you don’t have to worry about converting points to cash or only being compensated in gift cards.
6. Leverage money-saving browser extensionsWhat does it pay? Variable. Accumulate cashback and earn free gift cards over time.
Installing a money-saving browser extension won’t make you rich, but it is an easy way to save hundreds of dollars and secure gift cards to your favorite retailers. Think of it as money you literally lit on fire if you choose not to use it.
That’s right, strong>Wikibuyfree Chrome browser extension that automatically finds coupons for your online purchases (which de facto amounts to cashback in your wallet) and allows you to accumulate rewards points that you can exchange for gift cards to major retailers.
It doesn’t necessarily amount to side hustle level money per se, but there’s no reason not to save what amounts to a mini-vacation each year when strong>the extension is free to use
7. Declutter your house or flip tech for profitWhat does it pay? Variable. It depends on the number of devices you currently own or your ability to secure new assets to sell.
A side hustle nearly as old as time itself, flipping used items or selling things you have merely laying around the can be a good way to earn cash quickly.
Need $100, $200, or even $500 by this weekend? Odds are you can achieve exactly that simply by looking in your closets. From gently used shoes and clothing to no longer needed furniture or technology, start by leveraging a site like strong>Decluttr
Decluttr specializes in technology (think CDs, DVDs, phones, tablets, and consoles) but there’s no shortage of selling sites where you can get top dollar for whatever it is you’re looking to sell.
8. Get paid to test products at homeWhat does it pay? $3 per completed review. Occasional free products by mail.
Another market research company, strong>Pinecone Research
But, with Pinecone Research, there are 2 distinct twists:
1. Pinecone will occasionally send products to your home for you to use and test. This is brand-dependent, but often, in exchange for a quality-review, they’ll let you keep the product rather than send it back. Free product + get paid to review it? Alright by us.
2. Even without strong>occasional free products by mailEvery completed survey earns you exactly $3. Cash out in $3, $5 or $15 increments and expect a check or PayPal deposit in 3-5 days.
9. Let this company learn about your internet usageWhat does it pay? $50 per year. Entry into a $10,000 monthly drawing.
A super unique program, the strong>Nielsen Computer & Mobile Panel
(Nielsen has been around since 1923, has over 44,000 employees, and is the same company you hear about in conversations about TV ratings (Nielsen Ratings)).
The premise is simple: rather than have you take surveys (for which you might not be eligible), Nielsen skips the process and uses AI to automatically make inferences about user internet usage.
It’s non-invasive, doesn’t slow down your device, and runs anonymously in the background.
If you’re not one to care if Nielsen collects data (just like every app on your phone does anyway), you can strong>collect $50 per year
10. Teach kids how to speak EnglishWhat does it pay? Variable. Trim states they can slash certain bills up to 30%.
VIPKid is a platform that connects tutors with children looking to learn English (mainly in China). If you meet all of the basic requirements and are flexible enough to adopt VIPKid’s simple teaching style, you can strong>submit your application in just a few minutes
The best part? You get to work from home, on your own schedule, for as much or as little time as you want.
If you can manage just 90 minutes a day, you can easily make over $500 per month with hourly rates coming in between $15 and $20/hr. All you need is a Bachelor’s degree and some form of teaching experience to get started.
11. Slash your bills by 30%What does it pay? Variable. Trim states they can slash certain bills up to 30%.
While not a “side hustle” per se, Trim does the hustling for you and acts on your behalf as a full-service bill crusher.
When you strong>sign up for Trim
They’ll also look for hidden or otherwise forgotten about subscriptions and cancel those if needed. Think of them as your bill guard dog. No one gets by without their permission.
Better yet, the service is free. Trim makes money by keeping one-third of the money they save you. Meaning they only get paid if they save you money. A pretty fair trade-off, and one where you get money back that you were otherwise content with spending.
12. Try free online scratch-off ticketsWhat does it pay? Variable. Grand prizes can reach as high as $1,000,000, although most tickets will have little to no cash value.
If you consider yourself lucky and have a couple of minutes to burn each day, try your hand at free digital scratch-off tickets. That’s right, no purchase necessary. As such, don’t expect to win big, but smartphone apps like strong>Lucktastic
If you don’t win via the digital scratch-offs, there are several other means for making a buck. From daily use rewards and contests to referral prizes and their Ambassador program, there are over half a dozen ways you can earn cash, at no cost to you, each and every day.
Lucktastic has paid out over $3 million to date and is largely ad-supported (which means you will have to occasionally sit through video ads in order to enter contests). It’s a small price to pay when compared to actually purchasing lotto tickets, so hey, we’re not complaining. strong>Download the app on Android or iOS
13. Invest in real estateWhat does it pay? 8.7 – 12.4% annual returns since inception.
Traditionally, real estate investing was reserved for wealthy individuals that had hundreds of thousands of dollars in liquid assets. (Either that or hundreds of thousands of dollars in mortgage debt).
“Regardless of your net worth, you can now benefit from real estate’s unique potential for generating consistent cash flow and long-term appreciation. This is a level of real estate investing that was previously reserved for only the wealthiest investors and institutions.”
Most simply, you can invest your money, according to your goals, in a portfolio filled with dozens of real estate projects — each one carefully handpicked and proactively developed with the goal of growing your net worth.
strong> Start with as little as $500annual returns.
14. Rent out your carWhat does it pay? Variable. Per Getaround, users can make up to $10,000 per year (about $800 per month).
Have a spare vehicle or hardly use the one you have? Rent it out with strong>Getaround
Getaround lets you list your vehicle on the app and automatically connects you to people in your area who need to borrow one. Renters can view, book, and retrieve your car straight from the app, so you don’t have to mess around with scheduling a meetup to exchange keys.
As a Getaround car owner, you get access to premium parking as well as a $50 monthly rental credit. And with $1 million insurance coverage, you can rest assured your property is in good hands.
It only takes a few clicks to put your car to work with Getaround. Just strong>sign upthof the following month.
15. Get a free stock and watch it growWhat does it pay? Variable. Get a free stock of value between $2.50 and $200. Investment earnings dependent on portfolio size, allocation, and underlying market conditions.
Anyone who has traded stocks knows how quickly the fees can eat up someone who actively buys and sells their positions. strong>Robinhood
With no-fee stock, options, ETF, and cryptocurrency trading, newbie investors can download the Robinhood app and get started as affordably as possible. The most appealing part about Robinhood is the strong>free stock promotion
The shares of free stock you receive when opening an account are chosen randomly from our inventory of settled shares. Because the shares are chosen randomly, you may not receive the same stock as others. The value of the share you receive may be anywhere between $2.50 and $200, and fluctuates based on market movements.
They suggest you’ll receive a single stock (one share in a company) worth less than $10 in the majority of cases, but if you were planning on investing and watching your money grow anyways, this is as good a spot to start as any.
16. Get cashback on all your purchasesWhat does it pay? Variable. Get a free stock of value between $2.50 and $200. Investment earnings dependent on portfolio size, allocation, and underlying market conditions.
If you’re going to buy something outside your house every day of your life, why not get money for doing it?
Technically you’re not making money, but you’re getting money back (cashback) on purchases you would have made anyways.
Cool thing is, this is on top of any discounts/coupon codes you already have. Use strong>Rakutenall the items you buy throughout the year. They’ll even give you $25 for each and every friend that you refer that ends up using the app.
This adds up to thousands and thousands of dollars for just about everyone over the course of 12 months — even if you’re not a big spender. There is no reason not to strong>download Rakuten and earn
17. Start a blogWhat does it pay? Variable. From $0-$100,000+ per month.
If you happen to be even a half-decent writer, you can do what you love and make money while doing it.
DollarSprout uses blogging as a way to share information about earning and saving more money. You too can be a source of information (or amusement) for just about anything that interests you. And you can make money by doing it. A lot of money, in fact.
Whether you’d like to start a lifestyle-oriented blog, where you share your favorite home decor ideas, or a beauty and fashion blog where you film makeup tutorials and write product reviews, you can earn extra money by turning your favorite hobby into an online business.
Some elite bloggers are even pulling in over $100,000 each month! For example:
- Michelle @ Making Sense of Cents made over $159,000 in her last published report;
- or Pat @ Smart Passive Income, who made over $167,000 in his most recent report;
- and lastly, there’s Rosemarie @ The Busy Budgeter, who also made over $100,000 in her most recent report!
To get started for less than the price of a cup of a coffee each month, strong>check out HostGatorbeginner blogger tutorial.
18. Flip (or sell) textbooks for profit
Textbooks cost hundreds of dollars. In fact, it’s not uncommon for engineering and healthcare-related books to come in just below $1,000.
But with the high cost of textbooks comes opportunity. Flipping them for profit. By using a service like BookScouter, you can instantly compare book prices across 44 different vendors. You pick the one that offers the best price and voila. Book sold.
If you’re a student trying to offload books at the end of each semester, this is a sure-fire way to get the most money for your books (instead of going with whatever price the local bookstore gives you).
If you’re a savvy entrepreneur, you can make cash offers to students you see in Facebook groups, Craigslist, or yard-sale groups, and then flip the books online for a profit. You may not make thousands, but running an ISBN through BookScouter’s tool only takes seconds, and if you see an opportunity to flip a book for extra money, take it.